During the Antwerp Art Weekend, Coppejans Gallery presents an open-air project in a cage on Falconplein. The initiative is part of the activities around the centenary of Joseph Beuys and is intended to draw attention to the artist's topical value.
Several contemporary artists will interact with the public through performances and actions. Their artistic deeds link or contrast with Beuys and his intellectual legacy.
Wednesday 12 May (100th birthday Joseph Beuys)
- Adriaan Rees: Three Hares, 16.00u
Thursday 13 May (Antwerp Art Weekend, nocturne)
- Carmine Antonio Iacolare: Europa, 19.00u
Friday 14 May (Antwerp Art Weekend)
- Johanna van Overmeir: Beuys family, 13.00u
- Carmine Antonio Iacolare & Eddy's Tattoo Shop: A tattoo for my body, 16.00u
- Thomas Betsens: prepared cage, interactive soundscapes with Beuys recordings, 19.00u
Saturday 15 May (Antwerp Art Weekend)
- Mauro Pawlowski: Ich freu mich auf ne gut Zeit, musical act, 15.00u
Sunday 16 May (Antwerp Art Weekend)
- Bart Van Dijck: 100 oaks, vanaf 13.00u tot 17.00u